Domestic Manufacturing & Global Sourcing (1) Session
This workshop is for Jewelry Designers who are interested in learning how to manufacture and produce their own designs. The emphasis will be on DOMESTIC manufacturing with an overview of International manufacturing. You will strengthen your source decision-making and increase your understanding of the world marketplace. Topics relating to both domestic and international manufacturing, understanding how it relates to the bottom line, costing, tracking, and quality control. Discussion on the manufacturing of gemstones and materials will also be discussed.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Learn how & where to manufacture in America.
- Gain insight to international manufacturing.
- Obtain valuable overview for speed-to-market.
- Strengthen your code of conduct and compliance.
- Understand supplier profiles at the product and delivery level.
- Manage various stages of global sourcing.
- Maximize your business needs with supplies.
- Identify the suppliers that give you the greatest savings.
Classes are held Saturday – (1) sessions
October 14, 2016 11.00 am – 4.00 pm
About the Instructor: Vashti de Verteuil is the owner of Gallery Vercon located on E9th Street in the East Village. She is a teaching Professor at Parsons The New School for Design and studied at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. Ms de Verteuil became a successful freelance designer of scarves, belts and jewelry for Yves St. Laurent and other Parisian couture houses.