Business of Jewelry Design (8) Session
Do you have what it takes to start your own jewelry business? Do you know how to register your business name and set up the proper tax structure for your business? In this course, we explore how to: set up your business legally and register your business name; develop a business plan to launch and grow your jewelry business; and how to apply different marketing techniques that help create awareness and sales.
In this class you will learn:
- What it really takes to start your own business.
- The legal and financial requirements of jewelry designers.
- How to defining your target market.
- To price your products for maximum profits.
- To prepare your products for the marketplace.
- How to find the right market for your products.
JANUARY – MARCH
Classes are held Thursdays – (8) sessions
January 12, 2017 – March 2, 2017 6.00 pm – 8.30 pm
About the Instructor: Vashti de Verteuil is the owner of Gallery Vercon located on E9th Street in the East Village. She is a teaching Professor at Parsons The New School for Design and studied at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. Ms de Verteuil became a successful freelance designer of scarves, belts and jewelry for Yves St. Laurent and other Parisian couture houses.